Monday, January 10, 2011

It's Monday again and snow is a comin'...

Had a great weekend with the whole fam at home - B&D were with us and each had friends over Friday night. They were all very well behaved and kept the living room in tact with only a few soda cans to pick up. Not bad -- I've seen it much worse! Saturday was pretty quiet. I had a headache that wouldn't let up. I think the weather has dehydrated me, so I loaded up on water. It finally subsided by later that evening. I watched Pretty Woman for the umteenth time (can you really watch it too many times?) and fell asleep.

The chickens - yes, we have more chickens! - started crowing the next morning. They are now boxed in a little more for warmth (thanks to Jason). The rooster still must be out of sorts however -- he's been crowing a little late the past few days, if at all! Friday morning he didn't start until 7:19am! This morning however, I heard him loud and clear before I could even see the sun. They must still be getting used to their surroundings. Hopefully, they will all make it through the winter (they are all adults, two roosters and the rest hens). They are all different colors and seem to all be in good health. They probably won't lay for awhile, at least not until the days get a little longer.

Snow is in the forcast, starting late this evening. Right now the weathermen are reporting 1-3", unless the storm lingers over us, in which case we could get a lot more. I'd love to see some, myself. I LOVE the snow!

So how is everyone making out so far on those New Year's resolutions?! Time is a ticking! I have several, but won't actually share until I've met some of them -- haha!!

No comments: