Thursday, June 9, 2011

Almost 36 weeks....

I just returned from my check up - it went well!

The nurse (doctor got tied up with appointment before mine) thinks that lil Emma has turned, for now, somewhat in the direction she is supposed to be in! She thinks her head is toward the right pelvic bone the feet are up toward my left ribs. Upon the exam (pretty painful unfortunately), I havn't dilated at all yet (good!), but the cervix is soft (as it should be per nurse). We've decided to take it week by week as far as the Emma's positioning and didn't feel an ultrasound was needed right now. We're going to let Emma run her course on her own and not have any procedures done to speed things along (as long as she continues to be safe, develop, get bigger). Her heartbeat is good and strong. I will now start going in every week for a check up/exam. We are hopefull she'll decide to hang in there for the full 40 weeks!

We completed our birthing classes and tour of the delivery floor Monday night. The instructor even wheeled in a newborn, born that very morning, and showed us how to give her a bath. I got all teary eyed - I just can't help it these days! (I start tearing up just thinking about everything!). She was so sweet and looked so tiny - 6 lbs, 11 oz. The delivery/maternity floor is really nice and we've heard the staff is wonderful. I know we'll be in very good hands.

Sometimes I still can't believe that I'm so close to finally seeing this little person that has been living inside me for the past 9 months....it's just incredible and it's awesomeness can't be put into words. It's hard to think about anything else really. Thank goodness I'm not too busy at work (it's hard enough for me to focus on anything non-baby related). It's been an incredible ride - hard to believe this part is almost over... and the best is yet to begin.

Cross your fingers for us that everything goes smoothly!!! Two couples from our baby classes went into labor early and had real adventures with their deliveries. Thankfully everyone is doing well.

Love,
Char

No comments: