I know, I know, I've been a baaaaddd girl! The past few weeks have been a blur and the ride isn't over yet! Our crew packed up and headed to North Carolina's Outer Banks at 6am on Saturday, June 28th. We got to Waves (our destination) by noon! Shortly after, Jason's Mom and Dad arrived, and a few hours later his sister and her family also arrived. His Mom picked out a great oceanfront house for the 10 of us! We had a blast! The first few days were too windy to go out on the beach for very long (the sand was hitting the skin like needles), but we enjoyed the sun all week. On Thursday the men-folk set up an all day fishing charter (5am - 5pm) and had luck catching some Dolphin fish/MahiMahi. They had a good time (pictures to be posted soon). Us gals and kiddos went to the outlets where I had some success. It's a good thing Coach isn't closer to me...I'd be broke! My Mom joined us later that day and stayed through Saturday, July 5th (our departure day). I'm so glad we could all spend some time together. Unfortunately though, it went by WAY to fast! Can't wait until next year!
As soon as I returned, I had to turn around and go out of town for two days (to Chester, VA, south of Richmond) for training on a software program we might start using in my current job. When I returned from Chester, I found out someone had been trying to track me down about a job I applied for in May. Well, I hooked up with that person who verbally made me the offer! I'm really excited and can't wait to get back into the groove of things here. I've been a building inspector since last September and it has been a great job, but I just feel that I must continue to move ahead and attempt to put the business degree to its best use. So, I am still in the process of setting up for my new job as Project Coordinator for the department here that is involved in large scale construction/renovation projects. They are doing the background check now....hopefully none of you will be contacted for anything we might have done in school! Just kidding! I guess when that comes back, we'll discuss a start date.
This past weekend I attended a bridal shower for a friend over in Stuarts Draft. It was great to see some friends I had not seen since I started grad school. That is really awful, I know, but it was hard for me to juggle it all. I do hope to re-connect with a lot of these gals very soon. I left from there to drive back to Ruckersville for a birthday party for Jason's sister's husband. They cooked up some of the dolphin fish, which I highly recommend if you've never tried it. Very good.
We've had the kids over in the evenings this past week and we'll pick them up Friday to stay with us for the entire next week. They are doing great - going to the pool every day and just hanging out like kids their ages like to do.
This weekend we are (thankfully) staying at home to work on some household projects - yard work, garden work, inside work, cleaning....anyone want some chores?!
Next weekend, Brad, Mom, and Jasmine (Brad's g-friend) are coming to visit. Brad and Jaz will be leaving for AFRICA early in August, to teach in Senegal for a year. I can't wait to see them!
Well that about sums up the past month. I'll post pics when I can get the camera back from Jason! I'll make it a point to do this SOON! Until then...Happy Thursday!
CharGrill
PS - Sorry for the cheezy kissy shot - had to put something there for now. Will change later!
2 comments:
Wow what a whirl wind! Congratulations on the job!! That is wonderful!! Glad you guys had a nice vacation. Have a great rest of your summer. I like the picture. Once/if you guys have kids you will be lucky to get a picture of the two of you together!! Love ya!
Hi Charlotte! Sounds like you have had a very busy month! Our families(both sides) are heading to the Outer Banks in September for a week - we can't wait! Good luck with the new job.
Take care - Jill
PS: I like the kissy picture!
Post a Comment